Bitcoin’s volatility reared its ugly head again overnight, with the cryptocurrency dropping more than 6% within a short two hour period. Bitcoin hit a low of USD6,646.07 on certain exchanges, as the April tax-filing deadline approaches in the US.
This now equates to more than a 27% drop in the past month. CNBC reported analysts believe tax-related selling has been a key driver of this month’s sell-off and subsequent dip.
Stay updated here with how the cryptocurrency is tracking:
More Like this
- Bitcoin Watch – Not a great start for Bitcoin in May, despite impressive growth in AprilMay 2, 2018
- Bitcoin Watch – Bitcoin dives for a second day in a row to USD7,500May 24, 2018
- Bitcoin Watch – Bitcoin dives below USD8,000May 23, 2018
- Bitcoin Watch – All major cryptocurrencies dived overnight amid fears of a global trade warApril 5, 2018
- Bitcoin Watch – Bitcoin dives…once againJune 25, 2018
- Bitcoin Watch – Fundstrat head of technical strategy satd Bitcoin has found a floorJune 1, 2018
- Bitcoin Watch – Bitcoin’s crashes by almost 6%, while USD20 billion wiped off the crypto marketSeptember 6, 2018
- Bitcoin Watch – BitMEX CEO still expects Bitcoin to rise to USD50,000 by the end of 2018July 3, 2018
- Bitcoin Watch – Host of CNBC’s Cryptotrader Ran Neuner: “Bitcoin is about to explode”October 9, 2018
- Bitcoin Watch – Keep an eye on the cryptocurrency taking the world by stormJanuary 11, 2018
- Bitcoin Watch – Bitcoin’s dive is being felt across all cryptosJune 13, 2018
- Bitcoin Watch – The cryptocurrency roller coaster strikes againFebruary 22, 2018