CAPA – Centre for Aviation, in a report entitled: ‘Avianca BrazilSWOT: strong and growing airline, but still too small’, stated (30-Jul-2018) outlined Avianca Brazil‘s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats as follows:
- Strengths: Strong and growing position in Brazil‘s domestic market, the highest load factors in Brazil, well received product that appeals to corporates, Star Alliance membership.
- Weaknesses: International network, lack of profitability, relatively small size.
- Opportunities: Merger with Avianca Holdings, regional expansion, potential JV with United.
- Threats: Political and economic instability in Brazil, intense competition. [more – CAPA Analysis]
More Like this
- American cites some worry over US domestic underperformance, tweaks basic economy offerings July 31, 2018
- Azul rejects plans for Star Alliance; highlights importance of partnership with TAP and UnitedAugust 29, 2019
- The future of airline alliances: shifting cooperative paradigmsDecember 21, 2018
- Catch up on CAPA’s exclusive Market Analysis pieces – United, Azul, Jetstar Japan, Peach and moreMay 7, 2018
- Catch up on CAPA’s exclusive Market Analysis pieces – Delta, Japan Airlines, United and moreAugust 7, 2017
- LATAM Airlines Group’s decision to leave oneworld to ‘significantly change the dynamics’ in LatAmDecember 16, 2019
- Star Alliance ceases operation of all but one own brand airport loungeMay 28, 2020
- Infraero: Small and medium airports are ‘where the State has to operate’March 26, 2019
- Global Alliance Review: Star AllianceJanuary 18, 2018
- Europe sees record upswing in 2017 tourist arrivals; set to revert back to trend in 2018February 19, 2018
- ‘If your model is skewed towards the business side… you’re going to be behind recovery’May 21, 2020
- ATPCO launches new codeshare UPAs on Routehappy with five member airlines of Star AllianceFebruary 7, 2019