CAPA – Centre for Aviation, in a report entitled: ‘Avianca BrazilSWOT: strong and growing airline, but still too small’, stated (30-Jul-2018) outlined Avianca Brazil‘s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats as follows:
- Strengths: Strong and growing position in Brazil‘s domestic market, the highest load factors in Brazil, well received product that appeals to corporates, Star Alliance membership.
- Weaknesses: International network, lack of profitability, relatively small size.
- Opportunities: Merger with Avianca Holdings, regional expansion, potential JV with United.
- Threats: Political and economic instability in Brazil, intense competition. [more – CAPA Analysis]
More Like this
- American cites some worry over US domestic underperformance, tweaks basic economy offerings July 31, 2018
- The future of airline alliances: shifting cooperative paradigmsDecember 21, 2018
- Catch up on CAPA’s exclusive Market Analysis pieces – United, Azul, Jetstar Japan, Peach and moreMay 7, 2018
- Infraero: Small and medium airports are ‘where the State has to operate’March 26, 2019
- Europe sees record upswing in 2017 tourist arrivals; set to revert back to trend in 2018February 19, 2018
- Global Alliance Review: Star AllianceJanuary 18, 2018
- United Airlines SVP alliances on JVs: ‘We don’t fly to make revenue, we fly to make profit’September 11, 2018
- Country Insight: #98 – AzerbaijanJanuary 15, 2019
- ATPCO launches new codeshare UPAs on Routehappy with five member airlines of Star AllianceFebruary 7, 2019
- Lufthansa and United debut new digital services platform that will further align the Star Alliance membershipFebruary 13, 2018
- CAPA: ‘Avianca Brazil’s bankruptcy will create opportunities for the country’s remaining carriers’June 7, 2019
- Delta and United see some headwinds emerging in the trans-Atlantic after a strong 2018January 23, 2019