The travel, tourism and aviation industries in the Asia Pacific region witness policy and upper level changes on a daily basis. It is important to not only keep tabs of these organisations direction, but to also monitor changes in executive branches to see the wider picture of the travel market.
Blue Swan will keep you informed of these movements each month, with a full wrap of the key changes in the ASPAC market, while also looking forward to key appointments announced for the following month.
Here are the key executive changes for Nov-2017:
- Vietnam Airlines announced the election of Pham Viet Dung as vice chairman of the executive committee and standing committee of the company.
- Hobart Airport appointed Sarah Renner as CEO from 06-Nov-2017, replacing Rod Parry.
- HK Express appointed Zhong Guosong as the Executive Chairman of HK Express and Stanley Yau Chiwai as the Human Resources and Innovation Director on 04-Oct-2017.
- HK Express also announced the appointment of Li Dianchun as President of HK Express on 31-Oct-2017. He works closely with Mr Zhong to develop business strategies and policies for the airline, and to enhance management efficiency and operational stability.
- NokScoot appointed Yodchai Sudhidhanakul as CEO.
- Jet Airways appointed CFO Amit Agarwal as deputy CEO in addition to his current role.
- Brisbane Airport Corporation CEO & MD Julieanne Alroe will retire at the end of 2017/2018 Financial Year.
- Virgin Australia appointed Tigerair Australia CEO Rob Sharp as group executive Virgin Australia Airlines.
- Auckland Airport appointed Andre Lovatt as GM airport development and delivery, replacing Steven Crook who served as acting GM development and delivery.
- JEJU air announced the appointment of Director, VP and Head Commercial Seok-Joo Lee as CEO from 21-Nov-2017.
- China Southern Airlines board of directors passed a resolution to appoint Han Wen Sheng as EVP, and CFO Xiao Li Xin as EVP & chief accountant on top of existing role as CFO.
- Meggitt PLC appointed Tony Wood as CEO, effective 01-Jan-2018. He will replace Stephen Young.
- Australian Airports Association appointed the following two directors:
- Chris Mills: Appointed major airports director. Mr Mills is also Queensland Airports Limited CEO.
- Rob Menzies: Appointed Western Australian division chair. Mr Menzies is Broome International Airport executive GM strategy and development.
- ICAO appointed Captain Claude Hurley as president of the ICAO Air Navigation Commission (ANC) for a one year term, effective 01-Jan-2018.
- India Government announced the appointment of Pradeep Singh Kharola as new Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) of Air India.
- EVA Air board approved the retirement of president Derek Chen, adding that it has appointed passenger management division executive vice president Clay Sun to serve as president as of 01-Jan-2018.
- Thai Airways announced the appointment of vice chairman Air Chief Marshal Treetod Sonjance as acting chairman, effective 12-Nov-2017.
- Air Sial named Ameen Ahsan as CEO and Fazal Jilani as Chairman.
- Travel Agents Association of India (TAAI) announced the reelection of Sunil R Kumar has been re-elected as the president of TAAI for the 2017-2019 period.
- Previously Reported: Ryanair announced Peter Bellew will re-join the carrier as COO, effective 01-Dec-2017. Malaysia Airlines announced the appointment of COO Izham Ismail as Group CEO, replacing Mr Bellew.