The travel, tourism and aviation industries in the ASPAC region witness policy and upper level changes on a daily basis. It is important to not only keep tabs of these organisations direction, but to also monitor changes in executive branches to see the wider picture of the travel market. The Blue Swan Daily will keep you informed of these movements each month, with a full wrap of the key changes in the ASPAC market, while also looking forward to key appointments announced for the last month.
Here are the key executive changes for September 2019;
- Sriwijaya Air‘s board of directors suspended Joseph Adrian Saul as MD of the airline as well as three other directors. Anthony Raimond Tampubolon has been appointed as acting MD and has been granted power of attorney to exercise day to day operations at the airline;
- Aero K reappointed Kang Byung-ho as CEO for a three year term;
- Far Eastern Air Transport appointed director of the chairman’s office Huang Yuqi as deputy GM, responsible for marketing, planning and revenue management;
- Biman Bangladesh Airlines appointed Mokabbir Hossain as CEO and MD, replacing interim CEO and MD Farhat Hassan Jamil;
- GoAir CFO Sanjay Gupta resigned his position;
- Qantas appointed Vanessa Hudson as CFO, effective 01-Oct-2019. Ms Hudson replaced Tino La Spina, who was appointed Qantas International CEO;
- Virgin Australia Group appointed John MacLeod as CCO on 08-Oct-2019.