The travel, tourism and aviation industries in the Asia Pacific region witness policy and upper level changes on a daily basis. It is important to not only keep tabs of these organisations direction, but to also monitor changes in executive branches to see the wider picture of the travel market. The Blue Swan Daily will keep you informed of these movements each month, with a full wrap of the key changes in the ASPAC market, while also looking forward to key appointments announced for the following month. Here are the key executive changes for May-2018:
- Perth Airport appointed Nev Power as chairman of its board of director on 01-May-2018, replacing Colin Beckett who stood down as chairman on 30-Apr-2018.
- Virgin Australia appointed Merren McArthur as CEO of Tigerair Australia on 07-May-2018, who replaced interim CEO Peter Wilson who resumed his duties as Chief Pilot & Director of Flight Operations.
- Hanjin Group chairman Cho Yang-ho resigned as CEO of Jin Air.
- StarLux Airlinesappointed former EVA Air president and China Airlines director Austin Cheng as vice chairman on 10-May-2018.
- Thai AirAsia appointed Tassapon Bijleveld as executive chairman and Santisuk Klongchaiya as CEO, replacing Mr Tassapon on 14-May-2018.
- Pakistan Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) noted the recent appointment of Ijaz Muni as Secretary Aviation and Pakistan CAA Board chairman. Pakistan federal cabinet also approved the appointment of aviation division joint secretary Hassan Baig as acting director general of the Pakistan CAA.
- Pakistan International Airlines welcomed its new chairman Air Marshal (Retd) Asim Suleiman.
- GoAir appointed former easyJet chairman Cornelis Vrieswijk as new CEO.
- SkyTeam named Kristin Colvile as its new CEO on 04-Jun-2018.
- IATA announced Qatar Airways Group CEO Akbar Al Baker assumed his duties as chairman of the IATA board of governors for a one year term, effective 05-Jun-2018.
- Flybe stated CEO Christine Ourmières-Widener was appointed to IATA‘s board of governors. Ms Ourmières-Widener is the only woman on the 31 member body.