The travel, tourism and aviation industries in the Asia Pacific region witness policy and upper level changes on a daily basis. It is important to not only keep tabs of these organisations direction, but to also monitor changes in executive branches to see the wider picture of the travel market. The Blue Swan Daily will keep you informed of these movements each month, with a full wrap of the key changes in the Asia Pacific market, while also looking forward to key appointments announced for the last month.
Here are the key executive changes for March 2019;
- North Queensland Airports appointed Garry Porter as general manager of Mackay Airport, effective 08-Apr-2019;
- Bamboo Airways appointed Trinh Van Quyet as chairman and general director on 04-Mar-2019;
- Jin Air said chairman of parent company Korean Air Cho Yang-ho plans to resign from the board of six Hanjin Group affiliates, including Korean Air and Jin Air;
- Tasmania’s Premier Will Hodgman announced the appointment of Nick Haddow as chair of the new Brand Tasmania authority;
- Nok Air appointed Umaporn Pornpimolwat as CFO on 11-Mar-2019;
- China Southern Airlines proposed the following appointments to its board of directors, for the eighth session of the board:
- Ma Xulun to be appointed as an executive director;
- Han Wensheng to be appointed as an executive director;
- Lin Xiaochun to be appointed as shareholder representative supervisor of the supervisory committee.
- Goa Dabolim International Airport appointed Gagan Malik as director, replacing Bhupesh Chand Hans Negi;
- Asiana Airlines CEO Park Sam-koo resigned as CEO in addition to resigning as chairman and co-CEO of the airline’s largest shareholder, Kumho Asiana Group;
- Air New Zealand appointed Jennifer Sepull as chief digital officer, effective 01-May-2019;
- China Airlines appointed Hsieh Shih-chien as chairman on 02-Apr-2019, serving concurrently as president and succeeding Ho Nuan-hsuan;
- Nippon Cargo Airlines announced the resignation of director Takashi Domyo, effective 31-Mar-2019, and the appointment of Kaoru Takano as a director, effective 01-Apr-2019;
- Pakistan’s Cabinet approved the appointment of Air Marshal Arshad Malik as Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) CEO for a three year term. Mr Malik was appointed as PIA’s acting CEO in Oct-2018.