The travel, tourism and aviation industries in the Asia Pacific region witness policy and upper level changes on a daily basis. It is important to not only keep tabs of these organisations direction, but to also monitor changes in executive branches to see the wider picture of the travel market. The Blue Swan Daily will keep you informed of these movements each month, with a full wrap of the key changes in the Asia Pacific market, while also looking forward to key appointments announced for the last month.
Here are the key executive changes for June 2019;
- Nok Air reported the following appointments of directors during its board meeting on 13-Jun-2019:
- Wutthiphum Jurangkool as CEO and executive director;
- Pravej Ongartsittigul as chairman of the executive committee.
- Nauru Airlines appointed Koren Ball as freight manager on 13-Jun-2019;
- The International Air Cargo Association (TIACA) appointed Steven Polmans as chairman, and Sanjeev Gadhia as vice chairman;
- Philippine Airlines appointed Vivienne Tan as officer in charge on 17-Jun-2019, following the retirement of Jaime Bautista;
- Changi Airports International appointed Eugene Gan as CEO, effective 01-Jul-2019. Mr Gan succeeds Lim Liang Song in the role;
- Air New Zealand announced CEO Christopher Luxon will depart the carrier from 25-Sep-2019. Mr Luxon has been CEO since 2013;
- CANSO appointed Simon Hocquard as director general, effective 19-Jun-2019;
- Air Do announced the promotion of Susumu Kusano as the carrier’s president and CEO on 27-Jun-2019. The carrier also announced the appointment of Hiroaki Izumi as representative and EVP;
- Nepal’s Government appointed Rajan Pokharel as Civil Aviation Authority of Nepal (CAAN) Director General, effective 27-Jun-2019.