The travel, tourism and aviation industries in the Asia Pacific region witness policy and upper level changes on a daily basis. It is important to not only keep tabs of these organisations direction, but to also monitor changes in executive branches to see the wider picture of the travel market. The Blue Swan Daily will keep you informed of these movements each month, with a full wrap of the key changes in the Asia Pacific market, while also looking forward to key appointments announced for the last month.
Here are the key executive changes for July 2019;
- Newcastle Williamtown Airport appointed former Melbourne Tullamarine Airport deputy CEO Kirby Clark as deputy chair, effective Jul-2019;
- North Queensland Airports appointed Luis Perezas as chief commercial officer aviation, effective late Jul-2019;
- Philippine Airlines announced the following executive appointments:
- Rosemarie S Katalbas as senior VP of human capital department;
- Eugene Go as chief commercial and marketing officer.
- Archerfield Airport Corporation appointed Rod Parry as general manager of Brisbane Archerfield Airport on 11-Jul-2019;
- Cathay Pacific appointed director commercial and cargo Ronald Lam as CEO of HK Express on 19-Jul-2019. The carrier also appointed Lavinia Lau as director commercial. Ms Lau previously served as GM planning for Cathay Pacific and Cathay Dragon.
- GoAir appointed Miranda Mills as COO, effective Aug-2019;
- Nok Air announced it appointed Umaporn Pornpimolwat as CFO on 11-Mar-2019;
- Hainan Airlines appointed Xu Jun as chairman, succeeding Xie Haoming. The carrier also appointed Liu Weijing as executive chairman and legal representative and Ma Zhimin as president for a term of three years, succeeding Xu Jun;
- Philippine Airlines‘ board appointed Gilbert F Santa Maria as president and COO on 29-Jul-2019;
- Malaysia Airlines plans to appoint Bryan Foong Chee Yeong as chief strategy officer, effective 01-Aug-2019;
- Thai Smile appointed interim CEO and EVP of Finance Charita Leelayudth as CEO;
- Philippines AirAsia appointed Ricky Isla as CEO replacing Dexter Comendador. Mr Comendador was also appointed as Chief Operating Officer.