The travel, tourism and aviation industries in the Asia Pacific witness policy and upper level changes on a daily basis. It is important to not only keep tabs of these organisations direction, but to also monitor changes in executive branches to see the wider picture of the travel market. The Blue Swan Daily will keep you informed of these movements each month, with a full wrap of the key changes in the Asia Pacific, while also looking forward to key appointments announced for the following month.
Here are the key executive changes for September 2018:
- Pakistan International Airlines CEO Musharraf Rasool Cyan stepped down as CEO following an order by the Supreme Court, which has ruled his appointment was made in violation of the rules and regulations;
- Pakistan’s Secretary Aviation Muhammad Saqib Aziz has taken over the charge of Pakistan International Airlines Corporation Limited (PIACL) chairman with immediate effect;
- PNG Air announced the appointment of Captain Emmanuel Kadiko as flight operations manager.
- Asiana Airlines appointed Asiana IDT CEO Han Chang-soo as president. Mr Chang-soo replaces Kim Soo-cheon, who offered to resign from the position in Jul-2018;
- Air Niugini announced the appointment of Sir Kostas Constantinou as board chairman;
- Tourism & Transport Forum Australia (TTF) announced plans to appoint Andrew McEvoy as new chairman of the Tourism & Transport Forum National Advisory Board, effective Nov-2018;
- Garuda Indonesia appointed I Gusti Ngurah Askhara Danadiputra as president director on 12-Sep-2018, succeeding Pahala N Mansury who held the role since Apr-2017. The airline also made the following changes to its directors and commissioners:
- Commercial director: Pikri Ilham Kurniansyah, succeeding domestic commerce director Nina Sulistyowati;
- Director of finance and risk management: Fuad Rizal, succeeding Helmy Satriyono;
President and independent commissioner: Agus Santoso, succeeding Jusman Syafi’i Djamal.
- Australia’s deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Infrastructure, Transport and Regional Development Michael McCormack appointed Mark Binskin as deputy chair of Airservices Australia and Michael Bridge to the board of the Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) on 14-Sep-2018;
- oneworld appointed Qantas Group CEO Alan Joyce as governing board chairman for a two year term. Mr Joyce succeeds Finnair CEO Pekka Vauramo, who is transitioning from the carrier to become Finland’s Metso Corporation CEO;
- Indonesian National Air Carriers Association (INACA) appointed Garuda Indonesia CEO Ngurah Askhara Danadiputra as chairman on 28-Sep-2018, replacing Pahala Nugraha Mansury. Mr Danadiputra will serve as chairman for the remainder of FY2018/2019.