The travel, tourism and aviation industries in the Asia Pacific witness policy and upper level changes on a daily basis. It is important to not only keep tabs of these organisations direction, but to also monitor changes in executive branches to see the wider picture of the travel market. The Blue Swan Daily will keep you informed of these movements each month, with a full wrap of the key changes in the Asia Pacific, while also looking forward to key appointments announced for the following month.
Here are the key executive changes for the previous month:
- VietJet Air announced the appointment of Ho Ngoc Yen Phuong as VP and CFO on 03-Nov-2018.
- FLC Group announced the appointment of Dương Thị Mai Hoa as Bamboo Airways VP and deputy GM, effective Oct-2018.
- Indonesia’s Ministry of Transportation appointed Polana Banguningsih Pramesti as DG of air transportation, succeeding Agus Santoso.
- Sri Lanka’s Government appointed G S Vithanage as SriLankan Airlines chairman, replacing Kapila Chandrasen.
- China Southern Airlines appointed Wang Renjie as chief operation officer, replacing Zhang Zhengrong. Mr Zhang will remain as EVP.
- Malaysia Aviation Group announced the following leadership changes:
- Philip See appointed Firefly CEO, effective 01-Jan-2019. Mr See is currently Malaysia Airlines head of strategy and network and will succeed Ignatius Ong, who was appointed Malaysia Airlines Group chief revenue officer in Jun-2018;
- Ibrahim Mohamed Salleh appointed MABKargo CEO, effective 01-Sep-2018. Mr Ibrahim was previously Jasa Angkasa Semesta COO;
- Hazman Hilmi Sallahuddin appointed Project Amal CEO, effective 01-Oct-2018. Mr Hazman previously held various roles at Khazanah Nasional.
- AirAsia Group appointed Spencer Lee as BIG Loyalty CEO.
- Airbus appointed Michael Schöllhorn as chief operating officer (COO) for Airbus Commercial Aircraft, effective 01-Feb-2019. He will succeed Tom Williams, who will retire at the end of Dec-2018. Mr Schöllhorn will report to Guillaume Faury, who will succeed Tom Enders as CEO following the AGM on 10-Apr-2019.
- Airbus selected Dominik Asam as CFO, effective 10-Apr-2019. He will succeed Harald Wilhelm in the role.
- AirAsia India appointed Sanjay Kumar as COO, commencing 03-Dec-2018.
- Maldivian announced it appointed Mohamed Rizvi as MD.
- China Southern Airlines announced Tan Wangeng tendered his resignation as the executive director, vice chairman, chairman of the aviation safety committee of the board and president, effective immediately. Mr Tan has been succeeded by Zhang Zi Fang as authorised representative of the company.
- Brisbane Airport announced the following board appointments:
- Jabine van der Meijs appointed non executive director. Ms van der Meijs is CFO of the Royal Schiphol Group and previously worked for Shell for 25 years;
- Brad Geatches appointed non executive director. Mr Geatches has more than 30 years of senior executive experience including nine years as CEO of Perth Airport.