Samoa‘s Government, via its official Facebook account, outlined (29-May-2019) the following improvements at Apia Faleolo Airport:
- Apron extended from 31,000sqm to 45,000sqm;
- Apron upgrade was financed by the World Bank and procured under the Samoa Aviation Investment Project;
- Principal contractor Downer New Zealand completed the WST50 million (USD19 million) project over nine months;
- Three new aerobridges installed, forming the third and final phase of the airport’s terminal upgrade programme;
- WST4.75 million (USD1.78 million) project was funded by the Chinese Government and delivered by the Shanghai Construction Group.