The travel, tourism and aviation industries in the Americas region witness policy and upper level changes on a daily basis. It is important to not only keep tabs of these organisations direction, but to also monitor changes in executive branches to see the wider picture of the travel market. The Blue Swan Daily will keep you informed of these movements each month, with a full wrap of the key changes in the Americas market, while also looking forward to key appointments announced for the month.
Here are the key executive changes for Mar/Apr-2020;
- Delta Air Lines announced CFO Paul Jacobson plans to retire. He will remain in the role until a successor is appointed and transitioned.
- Bolivia’s Ministry of Public Works announced the appointment of Carlos Scott Moreno as GM of Boliviana de Aviacion.
- UPS‘ board named Carol Tomé as CEO, effective 01-Jun-2020. Chairman and CEO David Abney will remain in his role until that time, when he will become executive chairman. Mr Abney will retire from the UPS board on 30-Sep-2020. In order to ensure a smooth transition and successful peak season, Mr Abney will remain as a special consultant until the end of 2020.
- SKY Airline announced CEO Holger Paulmann will step down on 01-Apr-2020 and become chairman of the board. CFO Jose Ignacio Dougnac will be appointed as CEO
- LATAM Airlines Group confirmed the appointment of Roberto Alvo as CEO, effective 01-Apr-2020. Mr Alvo most recently served as LATAM Airlines Group CCO. Former CEO Enrique Cueto was appointed as a board member, replacing Juan José Cueto.
- WestJet announced the appointment of EVP Charles Duncan as Swoop president from 17-Apr-2020, succeeding Steven Greenway who will step down. Mr Duncan will retain his role as EVP.
- Flybondi farewelled the carrier’s CEO Sebastian Pereira, who “we will miss a lot”. Mr Pereira died on 18-Apr-2020 following a long illness.
- Delta Air Lines announced CFO Paul Jacobson has agreed to rescind his retirement and continue as EVP and CFO.