The travel, tourism and aviation industries in the Americas region witness policy and upper level changes on a daily basis. It is important to not only keep tabs of these organisations direction, but to also monitor changes in executive branches to see the wider picture of the travel market. The Blue Swan Daily will keep you informed of these movements each month, with a full wrap of the key changes in the Americas market, while also looking forward to key appointments announced for the month.
Here are the key executive changes for Jul-2020:
- Amerijet International appointed Tim Strauss as CEO, effective 17-Aug-2020. Mr Strauss will succeed Vic Karjian, who will become Amerijet executive chairman and will focus on strategic planning, key partnerships and growth objectives.
- United Airlines appointed Sasha Johnson as VP of corporate safety from 01-Oct-2020, following the retirement of Michael Quiello.
- American Airlines appointed Stacy Morrissey as VP of engineering and quality, following the retirement of John Beavers.
- UPS appointed Laura Lane as chief corporate affairs and communications officer.
- Wasaya Airways appointed James Ward as president and CEO, succeeding Tom Morris, who announced his retirement.