The travel, tourism and aviation industries in the Americas region witness policy and upper level changes on a daily basis. It is important to not only keep tabs of these organisations direction, but to also monitor changes in executive branches to see the wider picture of the travel market. The Blue Swan Daily will keep you informed of these movements each month, with a full wrap of the key changes in the Americas market, while also looking forward to key appointments announced for the last month.
Here are the key executive changes for September 2019;
- UPS appointed Suzanne Lindsay-Walker as chief sustainability officer and VP of environmental affairs, succeeding Tamara Barker;
- Air Georgian appointed Mike Miguel as VP of commercial markets and strategy on 05-Sep-2019. Mr Miguel held multiple WestJet management roles from 2003 to 2018;
- Air Transport Services Group‘s (ATSG) board elected Richard F Corrado as president, effective 16-Sep-2019;
- LATAM Airlines Group announced the appointment of Roberto Alvo as group CEO replacing Enrique Cueto, effective 31-Mar-2020. Mr Alvo is the current group CCO;
- Delta Cargo appointed Rob Walpole as VP cargo operations and logistics on 11-Sep-2019. The carrier also appointed Matt Weisenburg as director cargo strategy and alliances and Mark DeFrancesco as MD revenue management, capacity and forecasting;
- Southwest Airlines announced the following executive promotions:
- Tony Roach promoted to the position of MD of customer experience;
- Bill Tierney promoted to the position of VP of marketing;
- Tom Merritt promoted to the position of VP of technology, infrastructure and services and chief technology officer;
- John Herlihy promoted to the position of MD of technology, technical operations;
- Jeff Jones promoted to the position of VP of technology, commercial and customer.
- Avianca Holdings plans to reorganise its C level executives, vacating the roles of SVP HR, SVP Treasure and VP Transformation. The three executives will leave by the end of 2019. The company will have only three executives reporting to CEO Anko Van der Werff:
- CFO Adrian Neuhauser;
- COO Eduardo Mendoza;
- CCO Silvia Mosquera.
- Gol announced William Charles Carroll resigned from the board on 27-Sep-2019. Mr Carroll is Delta Air Lines chief accounting officer and SVP finance and controller;
- Swoop appointed Shane Workman as head of flight operations, effective 30-Sep-2019;
- Mesa Air Group appointed Brad Holt as SVP of flight operations on 03-Oct-2019.