The travel, tourism and aviation industries in the Americas witness policy and upper level changes on a daily basis. It is important to not only keep tabs of these organisations direction, but to also monitor changes in executive branches to see the wider picture of the travel market. The Blue Swan Daily will keep you informed of these movements each month, with a full wrap of the key changes in the Americas market, while also looking forward to key appointments announced for the following month.
Here are the key executive changes for September 2018:
- Metropolitan Knoxville Airport Authority voted to hire Patrick Wilson as president, effective mid Nov-2018. Mr Wilson plans to replace William Marrison who is retiring on 31-Dec-2018;
- Alaska Airlines promoted Shane Tackett to the position of EVP of planning and strategy on 11-Sep-2018. Mr Tackett previously served as Alaska Airlines’ SVP of revenue and e-commerce;
- Flying Colours appointed Debbie Ammann to the newly created role of SVP, finance & administration. The position of CFO vacated by Ms Ammann has been filled by new appointee Alysia Carter, effective 12-Sep-2018;
- Jetlines appointed chief commercial officer Javier Suarez to the position of CEO. Mr Suarez will replace former Jetlines CEO Lukas Johnson who plans to return to the US;
- Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms appointed John Seldon as general manager of Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport, effective 01-Oct-2018;
- US National Air Transportation Association (NATA) announced the appointment of Gary Dempsey as NATA president, effective 01-Oct-2018;
- Aerolineas Argentinas GM Abbott Reynal announced he will step down from his role at Aerolineas Argentinas in the end of Sep-2018. Aerolineas Argentinas president Luis Malvido will take on the role in addition to his current duties;
- oneworld appointed Qantas Group CEO Alan Joyce as governing board chairman for a two year term. Mr Joyce succeeds Finnair CEO Pekka Vauramo, who is transitioning from the carrier to become Finland’s Metso Corporation CEO;
- Volaris reported EVP and CFO Fernando Suárez Gerard resigned to pursue professional opportunities outside of the aviation industry. As a result, Carlos Alberto González López, who joined Volaris in Apr-2006 as corporate control and compliance director, assumed the role of CFO on 01-Oct-2018 on an interim basis;
- Jacksonville Aviation Authority appointed Rusty Chandler to serve as interim CEO while the board searches for a replacement to Steve Grossman who plans to resign at the end of Oct-2018;
- Grupo Aeroportuario del Centro Norte (OMA) announced the resignation of CEO Porfirio Gonzales;
- First Air announced the appointment of Chris Avery as First Air president and CEO following the agreement to merge Canadian North and First Air. Mr Avery will succeed First Air president and CEO Brock Friesen;
- General Electric appointed H Lawrence Culp as chairman and CEO effective 01-Oct-2018, succeeding John Flannery.