The travel, tourism and aviation industries in the Americas witness policy and upper level changes on a daily basis. It is important to not only keep tabs of these organisations direction, but to also monitor changes in executive branches to see the wider picture of the travel market. The Blue Swan Daily will keep you informed of these movements each month, with a full wrap of the key changes in the Americas market, while also looking forward to key appointments announced for the following month.
Here are the key executive changes for October 2018:
- Grupo Aeroportuario del Centro Norte (OMA) announced that CEO Porfirio Gonzales decided to “step down from his position as CEO”.
- First Air announced the appointment of Chris Avery as First Air president and CEO following the agreement to merge Canadian North and First Air. Mr Avery will succeed First Air president and CEO Brock Friesen.
- GE appointed H Lawrence Culp as chairman and CEO effective 01-Oct-2018, succeeding John Flannery.
- SkyWest Inc promoted Justin Esplin to the position of VP of Information and Technology.
- Volaris appointed Sonia Jerez Burdeus as CFO effective 07-Jan-2019. Ms Burdeus performed the role of CFO with Vueling and Wizz Air.
- Airbus appointed Guillaume Faury as CEO, effective 10-Apr-2019. Mr Faury currently serves as Airbus Commercial Aircraft president.
- Mobile Airport Authority promoted executive director Thomas Curry to president on 09-Oct-2018.
- Volaris CEO Enrique Beltranena announced Manuel Jaquez was appointed as CCO for Volaris Costa Rica.
- Spirit Airlines promoted Scott M Haralson to the position of SVP and CFO, effective 16-Oct-2018.
- Jetlines appointed Michael Bata as COO, effective 01-Nov-2018.