The travel, tourism and aviation industries in the Americas region witness policy and upper level changes on a daily basis. It is important to not only keep tabs of these organisations direction, but to also monitor changes in executive branches to see the wider picture of the travel market. The Blue Swan Daily will keep you informed of these movements each month, with a full wrap of the key changes in the Americas market, while also looking forward to key appointments announced for the following month. Here are the key executive changes for May-2018:
- JFK International Air Terminal appointed Roel Huinink as CEO, effective 01-Aug-2018, replacing Gert-Jan de Graaff. Mr de Graaff will return to Brisbane Airport Corporation as CEO & MD, effective Jun-2018.
- United Airlines announced CFO Andrew Levy has decided to leave the carrier, with Gerry Laderman named as acting CFO.
- Flair Airlines reported that David M Tait joined the carrier in the role of executive chairman.
- JetBlue Airways appointed Joanna Geraghty as president and COO.
- Allegiant Air SVP of commercial Lukas Johnson departed the carrier to explore new opportunities. Canada Jetlines appointed Lukas Johnson as CEO, effective 18-Jun-2018.
- William Shaw stated he has been appointed the CEO of Flycana.
- United Airlines appointed Jane Garvey as chairman of its board of directors.
- LATAM Airlines Group appointed Daniel Leng as LATAM Ecuador
- SkyTeam named Kristin Colvile as its new CEO on 04-Jun-2018.
- IATA announced Qatar Airways Group CEO Akbar Al Baker assumed his duties as chairman of the IATA board of governors for a one year term, effective 05-Jun-2018.
- Flybe stated CEO Christine Ourmières-Widener was appointed to IATA’s board of governors. Ms Ourmières-Widener is the only woman on the 31 member body.