The travel, tourism and aviation industries in the Americas region witness policy and upper level changes on a daily basis. It is important to not only keep tabs of these organisations direction, but to also monitor changes in executive branches to see the wider picture of the travel market. The Blue Swan Daily will keep you informed of these movements each month, with a full wrap of the key changes in the Americas market, while also looking forward to key appointments announced for the last month.
Here are the key executive changes for March 2019;
- Mesa Air Group appointed Brad Rich as EVP and COO on 06-Mar-2019;
- FedEx Corporation appointed Don Colleran as FedEx Express president and CEO, effective 16-Mar-2019;
- Tulsa International Airport reported Tulsa Airports Improvement Trust (TAIT) appointed Alexis Higgins as CEO of the airport. Ms Higgins has been serving as COO and interim CEO of the airport since Dec-2018;
- Silver Airways appointed Pedro Motta as senior VP of commercial on 18-Mar-2019;
- Embraer confirmed president and CEO Paulo Cesar de Souza e Silva will conclude his two year tenure at the end of Apr-2019 and will support the transition process of the company as senior advisor of the board of directors;
- US President Donald Trump announced on 19-Mar-2019 plans to nominate Stephen M Dickson as US FAA administrator for a term of five years and as chairman of the Department of Transportation Air Traffic Services Committee;
- Ports of Jersey appointed Matt Thomas as CEO, effective Jul-2019. Mr Thomas is currently CEO of the Shannon Group;
- TAME GM Octavio Perez resigned on 20-Mar-2019 after 1.5 years as head of the company;
- Prince George Airport Authority (PGAA) announced president and CEO John Gibson will not renew his contract, which is due to expire at the end of 2019;
- Jackson Municipal Airport Authority (JMAA) CEO Carl Newman resigned after five years in the position. JMAA appointed COO Perry Miller as interim CEO;
- Jetlines appointed Jyri Strandman as special operations advisor, effective 28-Mar-2019. Mr Strandman previously served as GoAir COO. Jetlines also announced the departure of COO Michael Bata;
- Ontario International Airport reported Ontario International Airport Authority appointed John M Schubert as CFO on 01-Apr-2019.