The travel, tourism and aviation industries in the Americas region witness policy and upper level changes on a daily basis. It is important to not only keep tabs of these organisations direction, but to also monitor changes in executive branches to see the wider picture of the travel market. The Blue Swan Daily will keep you informed of these movements each month, with a full wrap of the key changes in the Americas market, while also looking forward to key appointments announced for the last month.
Here are the key executive changes for June 2019;
- Alaska Airlines appointed Nathaniel Pieper as SVP of fleet, finance and alliances, effective 01-Aug-2019;
- The International Air Cargo Association (TIACA) appointed Steven Polmans as chairman, and Sanjeev Gadhia as vice chairman;
- Avianca announced the appointment of Anko van der Werff as Avianca Holdings CEO, effective 15-Jul-2019;
- CANSO appointed Simon Hocquard as director general, effective 19-Jun-2019;
- Jetlines appointed Jyri Strandman as COO, effective 01-Jul-2019. Mr Strandman most recently served as GoAir COO, and prior to that held senior roles within Spirit Airlines;
- Silver Airways appointed Captain Jesus Medina as VP of the Caribbean for Silver Airways and Seaborne Airlines. Mr Medina previously served as Seaborne Airlines COO;
- Avianca Holdings appointed Adrian Neuhauser as CFO effective Jul-2019;
- Groupe Dubreuil appointed regional GM Olivier Besnard as interim CEO of Air Caraibes, replacing executive board chairman and CEO Patrick Malval.