The travel, tourism and aviation industries in the Americas region witness policy and upper level changes on a daily basis. It is important to not only keep tabs of these organisations direction, but to also monitor changes in executive branches to see the wider picture of the travel market. The Blue Swan Daily will keep you informed of these movements each month, with a full wrap of the key changes in the Americas market, while also looking forward to key appointments announced for the last month.
Here are the key executive changes for July 2019;
- Infraero appointed Hélio Paes de Barros Júnior as president, effective 01-Jul-2019;
- Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings announced president and CEO William J Flynn will retire after a 13 year tenure and become chairman, replacing Robert F Agnew, effective 01-Jan-2020. The board appointed EVP and COO John W Dietrich as president and COO, effective 02-Jul-2019, and Mr Dietrich will become president and CEO from 01-Jan-2020;
- Aeromexico appointed Nicolas Ferri as CCO and EVP, effective 01-Aug-2019;
- Silver Airways appointed Marie Laforest as manager of inflight services on 10-Jul-2019;
- Airlines for America (A4A) appointed Kristine O’Brien as VP of global government affairs, effective Sep-2019;
- US Senate voted 52 to 40 to confirm Stephen Dickson as US FAA administrator;
- WDL Aviation announced plans to appoint Michael Knoth as CEO, effective 01-Oct-2019;
- Aéroports de Montréal (ADM) appointed Danielle Laberge as chair of the board of directors, effective 26-Jul-2019. Ms Laberge succeeds Normand Legault;
- United Airlines appointed Jason Birnbaum as SVP of digital technology on 30-Jul-2019;
- Skytrans announced the appointment of Stuart Dechan as CEO on 30-Jul-2019;
- ExpressJet Airlines appointed Scott Hall as VP of flight operations, succeeding Greg Wooley, who plans to retire.