The travel, tourism and aviation industries in the Americas witness policy and upper level changes on a daily basis. It is important to not only keep tabs of these organisations direction, but to also monitor changes in executive branches to see the wider picture of the travel market. The Blue Swan Daily will keep you informed of these movements each month, with a full wrap of the key changes in the Americas market, while also looking forward to key appointments announced for the following month.
Here are the key executive changes for July 2018:
- WestJet announced the following changes to its executive leadership team:
- EVP of strategy and guest services Bob Cummings will retire, effective 31-Jul-2018;
- EVP of operations Cam Kenyon to depart WestJet to return to the US, effective 31-Aug-2018;
- EVP and WestJet Encore president Charles Duncan appointed as EVP and chief strategy officer, effective 01-Aug-2018;
- VP of flight operations for WestJet Encore John Aaron appointed as VP and GM of WestJet Encore.
- Suriname appointed Gerard Lau as Surinam Airways CEO effective 09-Jul-2018;
- Green Bay Austin Straubel International Airport appointed Marty Piette as director, effective 15-Jul-2018;
- Azores’ Government appointed Antonio Gusmao Teixeira as SATA – Air Acores president, replacing Paulo Menezes;
- Wayne County Airport Authority appointed Chad Newton as interim CEO on 18-Jul-2018;
- Ravn Air Group appointed Deke Abbott as SVP of flight operations on 23-Jul-2018;
- Cayman Islands Airport Authority (CIAA) appointed Darynn Conolly as airport operations officer at Cayman Brac Charles Kirkconnell Airport, effective Jun-2018;
- Argentina’s Empresa Argentina de Navegación Aérea (EANA SE) appointed Gabriel Giannotti as president and CEO;
- Birmingham-Shuttlesworth International Airport appointed Sylvester Lavender as interim CEO, effective 01-Aug-2018;
- Viva Air appointed Francesca Luna Bulnes as Viva Air Peru commercial manager effective 01-Aug-2018;
- Aerolineas Argentinas appointed Luis Malvido as Aerolineas Argentinas president, replacing Mario Dell’Acqua, on 30-Jul-2018;
- LATAM Airlines Group appointed Federico Jager as LATAM Airlines Argentina commercial director;
- Canada Jetlines stated Javier Suarez officially commenced his role as CCO on 30-Jul-2018;
- Richmond International Airport CEO Jon Mathiasen announced plans to retire in Aug-2019.