The travel, tourism and aviation industries in the Americas region witness policy and upper level changes on a daily basis. It is important to not only keep tabs of these organisations direction, but to also monitor changes in executive branches to see the wider picture of the travel market. The Blue Swan Daily will keep you informed of these movements each month, with a full wrap of the key changes in the Americas market, while also looking forward to key appointments announced for the month.
Here are the key executive changes for Jan-2020;
- American Airlines appointed (10-Feb-2020) president cargo Rick Elieson as VP international operations, succeeding Jim Butler;
- Pacific Coastal Airlines reported (03-Feb-2020) its founder and CEO Daryl Smith died on 01-Feb-2020. Management of the carrier remains with president Quentin Smith;
- National Air Transportation Association (NATA) appointed Timothy R Obitts as president and CEO, succeeding Gary Dempsey. Mr Obitts previously served as NATA COO;
- WestJet appointed Billy Nolen as VP of safety, security and quality, effective 24-Feb-2020;
- Central Mountain Air appointed Bob Cummings as CEO on 03-Feb-2020;
- ACI World appointed Luis Felipe de Oliveira as director general, effective Jun-2020. Mr de Oliveira will succeed Angela Gittens;
- WestJet appointed Angela Avery as EVP, general counsel and corporate secretary, effective 17-Feb-2020;
- Allegiant Air promoted Scott DeAngelo to the position of EVP and chief marketing officer on 29-Jan-2020;
- FedEx elected president and COO Raj Subramaniam to its board of directors on 27-Jan-2020;
- Grupo Viva Aerobus appointed Juan Carlos Zuazua as CEO, succeeding Gian Carlo Nucci, effective 01-Feb-2020;
- American Airlines appointed Brian Znotins as VP of network and schedule planning.