The travel, tourism and aviation industries in the Americas region witness policy and upper level changes on a daily basis. It is important to not only keep tabs of these organisations direction, but to also monitor changes in executive branches to see the wider picture of the travel market. The Blue Swan Daily will keep you informed of these movements each month, with a full wrap of the key changes in the Americas market, while also looking forward to key appointments announced for the last month.
Here are the key executive changes for August 2019:
- ExpressJet Airlines appointed Scott Hall as VP of flight operations, succeeding Greg Wooley, who plans to retire;
- ExpressJet Airlines appointed Larry Snyder as MD of its operations support centre, succeeding Captain Scott Hall who was promoted to the position of VP of flight operations;
- Hawaiian Airlines appointed Robin Kobayashi as interim SVP of human resources;
- Delta Air Lines appointed Victor Osumi as president of Delta Air Lines Japan;
- American Airlines Group appointed Priya Aiyar as SVP and general counsel, succeeding Paul Jones who retired;
- UPS appointed Brian Newman as CFO and a member of the management committee, effective 16-Sep-2019, succeeding Richard Peretz who plans to retire;
- US Department of Transportation (DoT) Secretary Elaine L Chao appointed Stephen M Dickson as the 18th US FAA administrator on 12-Aug-2019;
- United Airlines appointed Tom Doxey as SVP of technical operations on 13-Aug-2019;
- SkyWest Airlines appointed Greg Wooley as VP of airport operations, effective 06-Sep-2019;
- Atlas Air Worldwide announced the death of chairman Robert Agnew. CEO William J Flynn was appointed chairman on 23-Aug-2019;
- Grupo Viva Air announced it appointed Lisa Mota-Pinto as group CCO on 29-Aug-2019.