Amadeus, in collaboration with Qantas, completed (29-Apr-2018) a major digital redesign of the airline’s online booking process. The multi-phase redesign, completed in Mar-2018, used Amadeus technology solutions, to offer:
- A tailored search and booking experience for each visitor, delivering relevant offers and unique information;
- A feature that proposes relevant cabin upgrade options, redeemable by cash or frequent flyer points that give customers a flexible way to upgrade if they choose;
- An interactive “Where can I go?” map that allows customers to search and explore travel destinations using various options, such as ‘Classic Flight Rewards’, ‘Points Plus Pay’ or cash;
- Ready to book fares displayed in a user-friendly manner so that customers can easily pick the price and option that best suit their needs;
- Two-step booking, with an express booking path for frequent flyers to skip from selecting their flights straight to confirming their booking.
The completion of this digital redesign follows a renewal of Amadeus’ partnership with Qantas for the Amadeus Altéa Passenger Service System. Qantas also extends its content agreement with Amadeus, ensuring that Amadeus travel agencies globally will continue to have access to Qantas’ fares, schedules and inventory. [more – original PR]