Sydney Airport today released its results for the full year ended 31-Dec-2017. This included information on inbound tourism, capital expenditure, and outlook for 2018. Blue Swan has pulled together all the key highlights from the results into an easy to read snapshot for your reference.
Sydney Airport EBITDA increases 10% in 2017, strong retail revenue growth:
Passengers by geography:
Capital works and improvements over 2017
- Acquired Ibis Budget Hotel and completed the new Mantra Hotel in the domestic precinct;
- Upgraded and enhanced Shep’s Mound to provide better facilities for plane spotters and school children on airport tours;
- Widened Qantas Drive between Robey and O’Riordan streets;
- New road at the international precinct;
- New elevated pedestrian and cycleway linking the T1 international terminal to pedestrian and cycle paths;
- Upgraded bathrooms in domestic T3 and commenced a rolling upgrade program at domestic T2;
- Added four levels on the northern multi storey car park in the international precinct;
- Solar panels installed on the P6 multi storey car park;
- Extensive resurfacing of the air field including the parallel runway and taxiways;
- High intensity air field lighting upgraded to Special Authorisation Category 2;
- Upgraded to Bay 31 at T1 international, enabling its use by larger aircraft and dual aerobridges;
- Five new airside buses;
- Completed the luxury and lifestyle specialty retail precincts and the Cityview and Marketplace F&B areas;
- Refurbished and replaced eight baggage carousels at the T1 international arrivals hall;
- Redeveloped check in counter C to streamline throughput and reduce queuing by increasing the use of automated technology;
- Expanded T1 international terminal.
Sydney Airport chairman Trevor Gerber commented: “Sydney Airport is well positioned for future growth as we continue to invest in our asset, with a focus on our customers, passengers, airlines and the community. As we continue to deliver aviation infrastructure and a superior customer experience, we will continue to create value for our investors, customers, employees and the community in 2018 and beyond”.
Source: Sydney Airport