Air New Zealand announced (28-Mar-2019) the following route changes to optimise the company’s network:
- Network growth of 3% to 5%, on average, over the next three years. Growth outlook has been revised from 5% to 7% to reflect the slower demand growth environment;
- Network growth focused on tourism to, from and within New Zealand. Carrier intends to explore new demand markets with the launch of additional destinations and increased frequencies across the network. Initial plans include:
- New direct services between Auckland and Seoul to be launched from late Nov-2019;
- Increased frequency on Auckland-Taipei route from Nov-2019 and Auckland-Chicago from Dec-2019;
- Amending the timing of the Auckland-Hong Kong service to free up one aircraft from late Oct-2019;
- Moderate rate of growth expected across the carrier’s existing route network.