Melbourne-Sydney economy air fares experienced an ATP increase of more than 5% year on year for the year ending Mar-2017, according to a new report, the Business Travel Pulse, released today by Carlson Wagonlit Travel, in conjunction with CAPA – Centre for Aviation.
In its spotlight on the Melbourne market, the Business Travel Pulse reported occupancy rates in the same period have topped 84% and average daily room rates have risen to AUD192.
Key highlights from the Business Travel Pulse – Melbourne
Airfare evolution: Average Ticket Price (Year on Year)
- Melbourne-Sydney economy experienced an ATP increase of more than 5%;
- On average domestic economy class ATP remained the same;
- On average domestic international ATP decreased;
Melbourne Network: Key new routes
- Air China is launching three times weekly MEL-SZX with A330-200 on 20-Jun-2017;
- Japan Airlines is launching MEL-NRT daily services with Boeing 787-8 aircraft starting 01-Sep-2017;
- SriLankan Airlines is launching MEL-CMB in Oct-2017;
- Air Canada is launching three times weekly MEL-YVR with B777-200 on 30-Dec-2017.
Hotel Room Rates for Melbourne in 2017:
- Occupancy Rate up 0.2% to 84.1%;
- Average Daily Rate up AUD1.40 to AUD192.21;
- Last room available rate increase up 6%.
To download a copy of the report, please visit the following link.
Keep an eye out for future editions of the Business Travel Pulse within the Blue Swan Daily, with Perth to be featured next month.
About the Business Travel Pulse
CAPA – Centre for Aviation and CWT Solutions Group presents the first ever Business Travel Pulse, with a special focus on the Australian city of Melbourne. The report brings together key aviation and hotel data from both organisations to deliver informed opinion and in-depth analysis. With the aim of assisting corporate clients understand new trends and make educated decisions related to travel, the Business Travel Pulse is your new ticket to a simplified world of corporate travel.
Carlson Wagonlit Travel is a key partner of this year’s CAPA-ACTE Australasia events visit centreforaviation.com/events.