Air Canada unveiled (04-Apr-2018) an expanded suite of economy fares and a new comfort fare, offering customers options to purchase additional benefits and amenities that vary based on the type selected. The five economy fare types and their features are:
- Latitude: Fully refundable, offering: priority check in, two complimentary checked bags, advance seat selection and access to preferred seats when available, complimentary Air Canada bistro voucher, same-day changes, 125% aeroplan miles accrual, and maple leaf lounge access for purchase,
- Comfort: Same-day standby advance seat selection and access to Preferred Seats when available, complimentary alcoholic beverage, complimentary checked bag, early boarding, 115% Aeroplan miles accrual, and maple leaf lounge access for purchase;
- Flex: Ticket changes permitted for a fee, advance seat selection, complimentary checked bag, 100% Aeroplan miles accrual, and maple leaf lounge access for purchase;
- Standard: Ticket changes permitted for a fee, 50% Aeroplan miles accrual for transborder service and 25% Aeroplan miles accrual for domestic flights;
- Basic: Air Canada‘s most restrictive fare option will be available only for select routes and for booking exclusively through Air Canada channels. These low fares do not permit changes, are not eligible for upgrades, and do not earn Aeroplan miles. Customers have the option to pay for checked bags, advance seat selection, and food and alcohol on board.
The new range of economy fare types will be available for purchase on services across the Air Canada fleet, including Air Canada Rouge, for travel within North America beginning 04-Apr-2018. [more – original PR]