Air Belgium announced (22-Jun-2020) plans to enhance its website by making new payment solutions available for customers. Details include:
- Combining several payment cards for the same reservation to avoid payment limits, effective Jul-2020;
- Airfare payments in three installments with Visa or Mastercard from Sep-2020 onwards;
- Shared payment option, enabling a group to make a single reservation by sharing the total purchase amount between multiple travellers. Other members of the group will receive a link through which they can pay their share of the booking;
- Credit/direct debit transfer payments through the EU‘s Single Euro Payments Area;
- Extension of various payment methods to include Bancontact, Belfius Direct Net, KBC/CBC Payment Button, ING Home’Pay payments, Paypal and iDeal;
- Hotel and rental car bookings enabled directly from its website.
The airline is also currently working to equip its A340-300 aircraft with a new IFE system. WiFi will also be available in the aircraft and will allow passengers to connect from their own devices to a range of entertainment options, including movies, games, magazines and news outlets. Beyond its entertainment options, the new qualitative system will also offer benefits in terms of efficiency and ease of access. [more – original PR – French]