Despite lacking the seat penetration rate of peers in other markets, with about 11% of seats within North Asia operated by LCCs compared with 56% in Southeast Asia and 40% in Western Europe, LCCs are beginning to flourish in this region. The LCC model may now be well understood here, but the operating environment is increasingly complex, competitive and interconnected. Long haul low cost, full service airlines adding LCC subsidiaries, and many other developments are high on the agenda.
The LCCs in North Asia Summit held by CAPA – Centre for Aviation returns to Seoul – one of the more advanced North Asian LCC markets – in 2018 to discuss the key challenges and strategic issues facing LCC operators in North Asia as they seek further opportunities for growth.
Key issues to be discussed include:
- The evolution of LCCs in North Asia
- Market updates on the key markets of China, Greater China, Korea, Japan
- The regulatory environment in North Asia
- Overview of start up LCCs in Korea
- Prospects for international LCCs flying into North Asia
- Avoiding commoditisation and differentiating to capture greater market share
- LCC distribution in North Asia
- Fleet selection and equipment options for LCCs
- LCCs as lessors
- LCC and airports: how airports can meet the needs of LCCs and the role of secondary airports in enabling LCC growth
This is a must attend for those seeking to engage with and learn from North Asia’s LCC CEOs as well as other senior executives from across the entire aviation value chain. Join us in Seoul for an unrivalled opportunity to network and do business with the region’s key decision makers!
To find out more or register click here!